- Skiing champion Bode Miller and his wife Morgan Miller.
- Getty Images
- Bode Miller’s 19-month-old daughter has died after falling into a swimming pool on Saturday.
- The child was found by Miller’s wife Morgan Miller who attempted resuscitation.
- Emergency services transported the baby to hospital and the death was confirmed the next day.
- The family released a statement on Instagram to say they are “beyond devastated.”
Bode Miller’s 19-month-old daughter fell into a swimming pool and drowned over the weekend.
Miller, a six-time Winter Olympic medalist, has two children with his wife Morgan Beck, a beach volleyball player and model.
Their son, Nash Skan Miller, was born in 2015 and their daughter, Emeline Grier, was born in 2016.
The BBC reported that “Emmy” died after she was “found unconscious at a neighbour’s home in Orange County,” Southern California, having drowned in the pool. Doctors were unable to revive her.
“We are beyond devastated,” Miller said in a statement posted on his Instagram account.
“Our baby girl, Emmy, passed away yesterday. Never in a million years did we think we would experience a pain like this. Her love, her light, her spirit will never be forgotten. Our little girl loved life and lived it to it’s fullest everyday.”
Here are some photographs of the Miller family with Emmy.
Miller and Beck were at a party on Saturday night when their daughter “got away,” according to ABC News.
They went looking for her and it was Beck who found Emmy in the pool. They attempted to reussicate her, then called emergency services who transported Emmy was transported to Mission Hospital in “grave condition.”
The child’s death was confirmed on Sunday.
Miller has two other children from previous relationships.