- Powerball and Mega Millions lottery tickets.
- Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
- A winning ticket for the $768.4 million Powerball jackpot has been bought in Wisconsin.
- Powerball said the ticket matched all six numbers and the Powerball. They were white balls 16, 20, 37, 44, 62, and the Powerball was 12.
- It’s the third largest win in US history – after the $1.6 billion won in January 2016, and the $1.5 billion Mega Millions jackpot won last October.
- The winner hasn’t cashed in yet, but when they do they can chose a one-off $477 million lump sum, or $768.4 million in 30 installments over 29 years.
A winning Powerball ticket worth $768.4 million has been bought in Wisconsin, making the lucky ticketholder the winner of the third biggest jackpot ever won in the US.
Powerball said the ticket matched all six numbers from the Wednesday night draw. They were white balls 16, 20, 37, 44, 62, and the Powerball 12.
After the winner comes forward, they can chose a $768.4 million prize which gets paid out over a 29 year period, or get a one-off lump sum payment of $477 million.
The win is the third biggest in US lottery history after the $1.586 billion shared by winners in California, Florida and Tennessee in January 2016, and a $1.537 billion Mega Millions jackpot won in South Carolina last October.
Read more: How to win the lottery, according to a Romanian-born mathematician who hacked the system, won 14 times, and retired on a remote tropical island
“It’s going to be a very green spring for our first Powerball jackpot winner(s) of 2019,” said David Barden, Powerball Product Group Chairman.